Monday 10 December 2007

"Call for major education shake up..."

What, another one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7135889.stm

This really is depressing stuff...surely ACfE is attempting to address some of these issues or perhaps I've completely misinterpreted it? It's late and I'm tired - lots of panto practice at school at the moment! - so I'll not spend long on this for the moment, suffice to say that whilst I appreciate (notice I didn't say "think it's right") that people will always look for results and some level of accountability as a measure of teaching and learning, I'd have to question the need for yet more "shake ups" and "initiatives."

When does one get the chance to interact and learn with one's class if one is spending time 'firefighting' paperwork? Just a thought...

No comments: